Affordable & Customizable Training for Your Employees
SMCC offers businesses and their employees access to affordable, customized training. Make us your training partner for leadership skills, technical training, industry certifications, curriculum development, consultation and more. Our talented staff has worked with hundreds of Maine businesses, health care facilities and non-profit agencies across the state to help them build the workforces they need to grow and prosper.
On this page:
Workforce Training Programs
SMCC offers workforce training programs in the following topic areas:
- Management, Supervisory Skills & Leadership
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Team Building
- Health Care
- Workshops for Nonprofits & Foundations
- Licensing & Certification
For more detailed information, download a full list of our Workforce Training Programs.
Did you know we can bring credit classes to your business? With a minimum of 10 employees, an on-site credit class can be delivered at your facility, either during or after business hours. With today’s fast pace and long work hours, often scheduling time to drive to a college campus proves to be a barrier to educational opportunities for working adults. Work with our Training Coordinators in collaboration with SMCC’s academic programs to bring SMCC directly to your employees.
Recent companies that have benefited from on-site credit classes include:
- Barber Foods
- Bath Iron Works
- Brunswick Naval Air Station
- Disability RMS
- Goodwill Workforce Solutions
Our Training Coordinators can help you meet the training needs of your current and future workforce through our customized training programs. Through a needs assessment, we can design, deliver and customize interactive training programs to meet your workforce needs and help your company stay competitive. As global competition accelerates, a well-trained and educated workforce is essential to your company’s success. Contact us to learn more!
What Sets Us Apart
- Customized training at competitive prices.
- State-of-the-art classroom and conference facilities, labs and equipment.
- Grants to help cover the costs of training.
- Classes delivered at your work site, on campus or at other convenient locations.
- Flexible scheduling — days, evenings and weekends.
- Training that leads to college credit and degree attainment, if desired.
- Partnerships with national training vendors.
Funding Assistance Through Maine Quality Centers
Maine Quality Centers (MQC) provides grants to help cover the costs of customized training for businesses and/or their employees. To learn more, visit the Maine Community College System Maine Quality Centers webpage.