About the Educator
No cost to trainees. Earn while you learn.
This 18-month program is designed for those who want to become Education Technicians II at a local school. This program is the first of its kind to provide this opportunity. After completing the Intro to Teaching Bootcamp, you will spend time doing coursework while also receiving experiential credit working in the classroom the rest of the week. And, you can earn while you learn as an employee of the school district offering the program.
What opportunities does this program provide?
Put Your Skills to Work
After completing the Educator Apprentice Program, you will be aligned to enter the workforce as an Ed Tech II.
Continue Your Education
Interested in continuing to build your skills? Further your education by enrolling in one of our certificate or degree programs which lead to advanced and expanded career opportunities upon graduation.
Available transfer agreements for this program include:
Related Degree & Certificate Programs
How do I complete this program?
Browse the information below to learn what is involved in qualifying for and completing this program.
- Intro to Psychology (PSYC 100)
- Oral Communication (ENGL 110)
- Foundations of Math for Teachers (MATH 115)
- Intro to Teaching (EDUC 100)
- Intro to American Education (EDUC 105)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching (EDUC 115)
- Foundations of Literacy (EDUC 220)
- Teaching Exceptional Learners (EDUC 230)
- Student Success (FIGS 100)
- Hands-on classroom experience that counts as credit
Completion Time & Location
Inquire about upcoming sessions.
To qualify for this training you must meet the following prerequisites:
- 18 years or older
- Resident of State of Maine
- Proof of Authorization to work in U.S.
- High School diploma, GED, or HiSET
- Desire to work in education field
- Testing may be required
- Impacted by COVID-19