Get Personalized Support Through Trio!
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) offer eligible students an extraordinary experience at SMCC. The TRIO SSS program provides support from the day you enter the program until the day you graduate with help from a dedicated coach and a supportive group of peers. Our goal is to ensure that eligible students achieve their goals and succeed at SMCC.
What will TRIO offer you?
As a TRIO SSS participant, you will receive one-to-one support from your own dedicated Success Coach.
Each semester, you will regularly meet with your TRIO Coach to:
- Develop your college success plan.
- Set academic and other goals.
- Address any challenges.
- Provide you with the skills and resources needed to succeed.
Your TRIO Coach will collaborate with SMCC staff and faculty advisors to ensure your success!
As a TRIO SSS participant, you also benefit from a close connection to your peers and the TRIO cohort.
During the academic year, TRIO SSS participants will:
- Participate in workshops and activities designed to assist with financial planning and academic success.
- Receive financial guidance.
- Benefit from peer mentoring and relationships.
- Engage in student life with leadership and service opportunities.
- Map a plan for student success.
How to know if you are eligible to participate:
All interested students are encouraged to apply for TRIO!
We can help you determine if you are eligible to participate in and benefit from this program.
TRIO eligibility is based on a few important factors:
- Students are, or will be, working on their first college degree.
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must be in need of and able to benefit from
- Students must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student, meaning neither of your parents or guardians graduated from a four-year college.
- Have financial need, defined as being Pell Grant eligible and/or meeting certain government guidelines for taxable income.
- Or have a documented physical, medical, psychological or learning disability.
I’m interested in participating, what do I need to do?
- Stop by the TRIO SSS Office anytime to learn more.
Download the TRIO SSS flier.
- Complete the easy TRIO SSS application. The TRIO SSS Office is here to help you with this process.
- Submit your completed application to the TRIO SSS Office by: