Return, Resume, Reward, Debt Forgiveness Program
Don’t let your past debt keep you from pursuing a better future. SMCC’s “Return, Resume, Reward” debt forgiveness policy eliminates up to $2,000 in past debt for returning community college students.
To qualify, returning students must:
- Owe no more than $2,000.
- Have been out of college for two years.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Enroll in at least six credits each semester.
- Work with an advisor on an academic plan.
- Pay their current semester tuition and fees by the billing due date.
If eligible, the College will:
- Forgive 50% of a student’s prior debt (up to $1,000) upon successful completion of their first semester.
- Forgive the remaining 50% of prior debt following successful completion of the second consecutive semester.