Save Thousands by Starting at SMCC
Interested in earning a four-year degree for less? Start at SMCC where you can earn a two-year degree while saving thousands of dollars. Then choose the four-year college or university you want to attend and we’ll help you get there.
On this page:
Seamless Transfer Options
SMCC offers seamless transfer options to nearly 50 degree programs at over 15 colleges and universities. This is made possible with Transfer Articulation Agreements. Transfer agreements are partnerships between SMCC and various four-year institutions that provide an outline of the courses that will transfer toward a specific bachelor’s degree at those colleges and universities.
Transfer Agreement Search
We’ve made it easy to see which colleges have transfer agreements with SMCC and what programs transfer. To explore all the great options available to you, visit our Transfer Agreement Search webpage.
Partnership with USM
SMCC and USM have a partnership for success called ConnectEd Pathways. This innovative partnership provides students from selected programs a smooth and simple transfer path to compatible programs at USM upon completion of their associate degree.
Who qualifies for ConnectEd Pathways?
Students who are accepted and graduate from specific programs at SMCC will be assured of streamlined admissions to corresponding programs at USM.
How does ConnectEd Pathways work?
What are the benefits of ConnectEd Pathways?
- SMCC students are able to transfer seamlessly to select USM programs that prepare them for successful careers in high-demand and emerging industries.
- Qualifying SMCC students do not need to go through an additional application process at USM.
- SMCC students will not have to take unnecessary credits, saving them time and money.
- SMCC students receive guidance from a designated USM employee who will guide them through the process to achieving their bachelor’s degree.
Additional Transfer Opportunities
While some students choose to attend SMCC, graduate and transfer using a transfer articulation agreement, others simply choose to take a few classes that can easily transfer somewhere else. SMCC students have transferred credits and completed their four-year degrees at over 50 leading institutions.
University of Maine System Transfer Equivalencies
Are you interested in seeing how courses you can take at SMCC will transfer to various Colleges in the University of Maine system? If so, visit the University of Maine System’s Transfer Equivalency webpage.
Meet with a Transfer Counselor to:
- Determine what major you should enroll in to best align your transfer to a four-year institution upon graduation.
- Explore four-year institutions that SMCC has transfer partnerships with and identify additional transfer institutions that may be of interest.
- Plan the steps you need to take to transfer easily to a four-year institution.
- Prepare for recruitment opportunities during on-campus visits from four-year colleges and universities.
Please note: If you’ve already determined where you want to transfer upon graduation, you’ll want to meet with someone from that college or university to ensure you’ve selected the right courses.