About the Professional
Education Online Courses
No Cost to Trainees
Ready to learn new skills or level up your current skillset? Want to start a new career or advance in your current field? If so, SMCC Professional Education Online could be for you!
SMCC provides FREE Professional Education Online licenses (grant-funded) to qualified applicants. These online courses give you the opportunity to advance your career on your own schedule. Access non-credit online courses and certifications in areas like business, customer service, data and analytics, desktop publishing, digital skills, finance, HR and legal, IT, marketing and digital skills, and more! View the Metrix Learning course catalog.
What opportunities does this program provide?
Put Your Skills to Work
Students who successfully complete professional education online courses will have the opportunity to learn new skills and/or level up their current skillsets for the workforce.
Continue Your Education
Interested in continuing to build your skills? Further your education by enrolling in one of our certificate or degree programs which lead to advanced and expanded career opportunities upon graduation.
Related Degree & Certificate Programs
- Business Administration Degree
- Business Administration – Sport Management Option
- Business Administration Online Degree
- Culinary Arts Degree
- Hospitality Management Degree
- View All Business & Hospitality Programs
- View All Arts, Humanities, Digital Media & Communication Programs
- View All Computer Science & Information Technology Programs
How do I complete this program?
Browse the information below to learn what is involved in qualifying for and completing this program.
Access Non-Credit Online Courses:
- Business Certifications
- Customer Service
- Data and Analytics
- Desktop Publishing
- Digital Skills
- Environmental, Safety & Health, and Transportation
- Finance and Accounting
- HR and Legal
- IT Certifications
- Marketing and Digital Skills
- And more!
To qualify for this training you must meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma, GED, or HiSet
- Resident of Maine
- Proof of authorization to work in the U.S.