About our Propane & Natural Gas
Technician Training: Appliance Connection and Service
This program is designed to qualify students for the State of Maine Propane & Natural Gas Appliance Connection and Service License Exam. Program includes classroom lectures, skills assessments and CETP testing. Requires successful completion of the following CETP topics:
- Basic Principles & Practices
- Appliance Installation and Connection
- Appliance Service
What opportunities does this program provide?
Put Your Skills to Work
Upon successful completion, students will be qualified to apply for the State of Maine Exam and pursue opportunities in the Gas & Propane field.
Continue Your Education
Interested in continuing to build your skills? SMCC offers numerous Industrial Technology and Transportation certificates and degrees for you to continue your education and enhance your skills for expanded employment opportunities.
Related Degree & Certificate Programs
How do I complete this program?
Browse the information below to learn what is involved in qualifying for and completing this program.
Successfully complete the following:
CETP Testing and Skills Assessments in the following areas:
- Basic Principles and Practices of Propane
- Placing Vapor Distribution Systems and Appliances into Operation
- Installing Appliances and Interior Vapor Distribution Systems
- Basic Electricity for Propane Appliance Service
- Basic Appliance Service and Troubleshooting
- Advanced Propane Appliance Service and Troubleshooting Book
FGT 1.1 – Fuel Gas Technician, Maine Natural Gas Supplement Testing
State of Maine Exam (not included in the course)