For Businesses Seeking Training
Develop your employees’ workforce skills with our affordable and customizable training in fields like management, supervisory skills & leadership, communications, customer service, project management, team building, health care, licensing & certifications and more. To view a full list of our programs and courses, download our Workforce Training Programs Handout.
For more information about our popular Management, Supervisory Skills and Leadership courses, please visit our Leadership Development webpage.
Did you know we can bring credit classes to your business? With a minimum of 10 employees, an on-site credit class can be delivered at your facility, either during or after business hours. With today’s fast pace and long work hours, scheduling time to drive to a college campus often proves to be a barrier to educational opportunities for working adults. Work with our Training Coordinators in collaboration with SMCC’s academic programs to bring SMCC directly to your employees.
Recent companies that have benefited from on-site credit classes include:
- Barber Foods
- Bath Iron Works
- Brunswick Naval Air Station
- Disability RMS
- Goodwill Workforce Solutions
- HP Hood
- Long Creek Youth Development Center
- Maine Medical Center
- Plum Choice
Our Training Coordinators can help you meet the training needs of your current and future workforce through our customized training programs. Through a needs assessment, we can design, deliver and customize interactive training programs to meet your workforce needs and help your company stay competitive. As global competition accelerates, a well-trained and educated workforce is essential to your company’s success. Contact us to learn more!
What Sets Us Apart
- Customized training at competitive prices
- State-of-the-art classroom and conference facilities, labs and equipment
- Grants to help cover the costs of training
- Classes delivered at your work site, on campus or at other convenient locations
- Flexible scheduling — days, evenings and weekends
- Training that leads to college credit and degree attainment, if desired
- Partnerships with national training vendors
Funding Assistance Through Maine Quality Centers
Maine Quality Centers (MQC) provides grants to help cover the costs of customized training for businesses and/or their employees. To learn more, visit the Maine Community College System Maine Quality Centers webpage.