Your One-stop Shop for College Textbooks, Gear and Supplies
The SMCC Bookstore, located in the South Portland Campus Center, carries textbooks for SMCC’s course offerings every semester and a wide variety of SMCC apparel and goods for students, parents, alumni and supporters.
On this page:
SMCC carries books for course offerings every semester. You’ll need to bring your course schedule so you know what books you need. Textbooks are self-service, but the bookstore team can help you with any questions you have.
Make sure you bring your:
- Course schedule
- Student ID (if you are using financial aid to purchase books)
Midcoast Campus Students
We offer our Midcoast Campus students the opportunity to have their books shipped directly before each semester with the “Text to Go” program. To learn more, call the Midcoast Campus at 207-844-2102, or once you’re enrolled log in to the MySMCC online student portal and visit MyCourses.
- Are available at the beginning of every semester
- Cost about half the price of purchasing a new book (on average)
- Vary in availability from semester to semester. Once you’re a student, you can see what books are available online by logging in to the MySMCC student portal and visiting MyCourses.
- Require you to show your student ID and sign a rental contract
You may be eligible for an SMCC Bookstore allowance if your financial aid award is greater than your semester charges. To learn more, download the Bookstore Allowances for Financial Aid Recipients handout.
Textbook Return Policy
Before you open your books, download the SMCC Textbook Return policy.
On-campus textbook buybacks are offered during the first and last weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters. Once you’re a student, you can learn more by logging in to the MySMCC online student portal and visiting My Courses.
Apparel & Goods
We offer a mix of both casual and athletic apparel including:
- And more
Goods & Supplies
- Water bottles