Online Education That Fits Your Lifestyle
At SMCC, we understand that you may be balancing life as a working professional or a parent or simply looking to earn an education at a time and location that is convenient to you. That’s why we offer online and hybrid courses and online degrees in Liberal Studies and Business Administration. Our online courses are based on the same excellent standards that have been the cornerstone of SMCC for the past seven decades. In addition, you’ll get the online support you need to ensure your success on the path to a better future.
Benefits of Online Learning
- 24/7 access to course materials that provides flexibility to complete coursework when it’s most convenient for you
- A comfortable learning environment that doesn’t require you to travel
- Access to online and in-person support and the resources you need to succeed, including our dedicated faculty and staff
- The ability to interact with a diverse population of students and professors
- An opportunity to improve your technical skills
- Credits that transfer easily
- A degree that provides you the opportunity to join the 90% of SMCC graduates who join the workforce or continue their education within nine months of graduation
Online Course Delivery & Experience
SMCC’s primary method of online course delivery is through Blackboard Learn. Blackboard is a system that offers innovative and engaging technologies that create a comprehensive learning environment. Some courses link from Blackboard to additional technologies and software.
Learning activities are mainly done via discussion boards, assignments, journals and exams. Students are involved in assignments and projects that are both student–to-instructor and student-to-student focused.