About the Yamaha
Outboard Motor Repair
No Cost to Trainees
Includes classroom learning and concentrated hands-on training on multiple Yamaha outboard motors ranging from F20 to F200. The training covers topics such as: engine nomenclatures, maintenance charts, descriptions of services, Yamalube lubricants and additives – and more!
What opportunities does this program provide?
Put Your Skills to Work
Upon completion of this accelerated program you will be aligned to enter the workforce as an outboard technician.
Continue Your Education
Interested in continuing to build your skills? Further your education by enrolling in one of our certificate or degree programs which lead to advanced and expanded career opportunities upon graduation.
Related Degree & Certificate Programs
How do I complete this program?
Browse the information below to learn what is involved in qualifying for and completing this program.
Successfully complete training in:
- Engine nomenclatures
- Maintenance charts & descriptions of services
- Yamalube lubricants and additives
- Oil & filter service
- Water pump service
- Valve train maintenance
- Vapor separator tank service
- Fuel filter replacement, anodes timing belts
- And more!
Completion Time & Location
SMCC South Portland: Sustainability & Energy Alternatives Center. Inquire about upcoming sessions.
To qualify for this training you must meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 18 years old
- Resident of Maine
- High School diploma, GED or HiSet
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Preference given to those with previous trade experience or training.
- U.S. Citizenship and/or authorization to work in the US required. Additional hiring restrictions may apply.
- Other testing may be required