Ensure You’re on Track Toward the Career You Want
Career Services in the Campus Center is one of the first stops you should make at SMCC to explore possible career goals and what educational pathways you need to take to reach them.
On this page:
Career Services for Students
Career Counseling will help you:
- Determine what major you should enroll in based on self-discovery exercises and one-on-one guidance.
- Determine what career you should pursue and align your education with your employment goals.
- Determine if an internship is right for you and what opportunities are available.
- Prepare for job fairs and interviews by refining your personal skills and developing materials such as cover letters, resumes and references.
- Identify faculty references and the best way to ask for a recommendation.
- Access networking opportunities.
- Search for available job opportunities.
Start Your Career and Education Exploration Now
Focus 2 EXPLORE
Focus 2 EXPLORE is a free and easy-to-use online resource that helps with personalized career and education exploration and planning. It provides self-assessment, career exploration, college search, online portfolio and job search tools.
To create a free account:
- Visit the Focus 2 EXPLORE website
- Use the access code: Seawolves
Meet with a Career Counselor
Career Services for Employers
Career Services offers a job board that allows employers to list internship and job opportunities and recruit students for these positions. To learn more, visit our Internships & Jobs webpage.