SMCC – Career Services
Career Services, located in the South Portland Campus Center, will help you with take charge of your professional and career development. This includes: goal-setting, assessments, resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, internships, building job skills, networking and so much more. Once you’re enrolled, make us one of your first stops at SMCC to explore career pathways and opportunities in Maine.
On this page:
Career Counseling will help you:
- Career Conversations: What do you want? What do you like to do? What’s your plan?
- Career Planning: Assessments, Goal Setting, Degree Audits, and Professional Advising
- Internship Preparation: What’s out there? What do you have to do? Is it paid?
- The basics: Resumes, Cover Letters, Interview Tips, Job Search Tools and More!
- Career Assessments: 16-Personalities/MBTI, Holland Code, and Strengths
- Life Intentions Inventory, Mind Maps, Personal Mission Statement and Goals
- Ways to prepare for a job shadow day, a career fair or an informational interview
- Access College Central Network: a full service career development website with job and internship postings, podcasts, resources for building your cover letter and resume and more
- Free access to College Central Network online job board. Visit our Career Services Network webpage now.
- Special invitations to networking events and job fairs
- Opportunities to meet with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to serve on SMCC – Advisory Councils
- Internship Programs, Job Shadow Days, and more. To learn more, visit our Internships & Jobs webpage.