Your First Step to Success
You’ve been accepted to SMCC. Now it’s time for a new student advising session to get registered for classes. Learn more below.
On this page:
How to Sign up for a New Student Advising Session
Self-Guided Advising Sessions
Our self-guided advising sessions are quick and easy and available for you to complete anytime. During this time, you will learn how to create a schedule and register for classes. We encourage you to complete this session as soon as possible to get the best possible selection of classes. You will have the opportunity at the end of your session to schedule a 30-minute check-in with an advisor to review your course schedule and answer any questions you may have. Start your Self-Guided Advising Session now!
Prepare for Your Advising Session
Being prepared for your advising session will ensure that you are able to get the most out of it. Below are some tips to help you prepare.
- Know Your Test Scores & Course Placement
- Review Your Degree Program Worksheet
You can view your degree program sheet for the program you plan to study by logging into the MySMCC online student portal and viewing the Degree Worksheets section on the New Student Advising Session tab on My Maine Guide. If you need help logging in, download the MySMCC Login Instructions.
- Browse Courses & Create a Draft Schedule
- We encourage you to search for classes and create a draft schedule before attending your Advising Session. To help you plan a schedule that’s right for you, download 7 Steps to Creating a Great Schedule.
- To search and browse our currently available credit courses, visit our Credit Course Offerings Webpage.
- Bring a List of Questions
Remember, no question is too big or small to ask.