Your First Step to Success
You’ve been accepted to SMCC. Now it’s time for a new student advising session to get registered for classes. Learn more below.
On this page:
How to Sign up for a New Student Advising Session
Step 1: Use our Self-Guided Advising Tool
Our self-guided advising tool is quick and easy and available for you to access anytime. During this time, you will learn helpful tips including how to create a schedule that works for you and how to register. You will have the opportunity at the end of your session to schedule a 30-minute check-in with an advisor to review your course schedule and answer any questions you may have, or if you need more detailed support, a 60-minute Individual Start Smart Advising Session. Start your Self-Guided Advising Session now!
With the semester starting, appointments with a staff advisor may be limited. We want to be sure you get your questions answered, and are offering the following Zoom drop in advising sessions:
- Thursday, January 14, 3-5 p.m.
- Friday, January 15, 12-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 19, 9-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 20, 11-1 p.m.
- Thursday, January 21, 12-2 p.m.
- Friday, January 22, 9-11 a.m.
Individual Start Smart Advising Sessions
These are personalized online one-to-one Advising Sessions where an advisor will provide you with all of the information you need to start your semester off on the right foot and will help you select and register for classes. Sign up today by calling 207-741-5626 or emailing startsmart@smccME.edu.
Prepare for Your Advising Session
Being prepared for your advising session will ensure that you are able to get the most out of it. Below are some tips to help you prepare.
- Know Your Test Scores & Course Placement
- Review Your Degree Program Advising Worksheet.
- Browse Courses & Create a Draft Schedule
- We encourage you to search for classes and create a draft schedule before attending your Advising Session. To help you plan a schedule that’s right for you, download 7 Steps to Creating a Great Schedule.
- To search and browse our currently available credit courses, visit our Credit Course Offerings Webpage.
- Bring a List of Questions
Remember, no question is too big or small to ask.