Ensuring Equal Access & Full Participation for All
SMCC is committed to providing accommodations and special services to our students with disabilities. If you have a disability we can provide you with tools to help level the playing field and be successful.
On this page:
Meet With Us
If you have a disability, our experienced staff will:
- Meet with you and provide you individual attention.
- Perform a comprehensive intake interview and review your disability documentation, the nature of your disability and your area of study so that we can fully understand the challenges you face.
- Work out a plan to deal with recognized challenges, attempting to put you on the same footing as your peers. This may mean extra time for testing, help with note-taking, quiet areas for testing, ASL interpreter services or other things depending on the nature of your disability.
- Work with you in an open, friendly and respectful way. You will still have to meet academic expectations, but we will ensure that you will have reasonable access to the programs and services at the college.
- Provide reasonable accommodations for the Accuplacer test.