Get ready to attend SMCC!
Recently accepted to SMCC? Congratulations! We can’t wait for you to be part of our community. As a new student, your first step is to register for classes as soon as possible by using our online advising tool. We also encourage you to attend an Advising Session. Get started now!
Get Started with our Online Advising & Registration Tool
Access our online advising tool anytime to learn how to create a schedule and register for classes and get many other helpful tips.
Interested in living on campus? Please note that housing on the South Portland Campus is full and running a waitlist. Limited spaces are available at our Midcoast Campus in Brunswick. Use the tool to register for classes as soon as possible. You’ll not only get the best choice of courses, but once you’ve registered you will be able to apply for on-campus housing.
Sign Up for a New Student Advising Session
We offer New Student Group Advising sessions by Pathway.
When You Attend a New Student Group Advising Session You Will:
- Meet staff, faculty, and fellow students from your Pathway area
- Learn how to navigate MySMCC, your SMCC student portal
- Create a schedule and register for classes. If you’ve already registered using our online tool, we will review your schedule to ensure you are signed up for the appropriate courses for your major.
- This is a great opportunity to ask questions and meet staff, faculty and other new students.
Know your Pathway. This was included in your acceptance letter. For information about our Pathways, visit the Pathways Overview webpage.
Use the appropriate link below to sign up for a New Student Advising Session.
Group Advising Sessions by Pathway
Arts, Humanities, Digital Media, and Communication
Business and Hospitality
Computer Science and Information Technology
Industrial Technology and Transportation
Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics
Education, Human Services, and Social & Behavioral Sciences
Individual Advising Sessions
For those unable to travel to campus, we will have a limited number of individual/one-to-one remote (via Zoom) New Student Advising Sessions.
Prepare for Your New Student Advising Session
Being prepared for your advising session will ensure that you are able to get the most out of it. Below are some tips to help you prepare.
1. Review the Advising Tool.
2. Know your English and Math placement. Refer to Step 1 in the Advising Tool.
4. Browse Courses & Create a Draft Schedule
-We encourage you to search for classes and create a draft schedule before attending your Advising Session. To help you plan a schedule that’s right for you, download 7 Steps to Creating a Great Schedule.
-To search and browse our currently available credit courses, visit our Credit Course Offerings Webpage.
5. Bring a List of Questions
6. Submit Your Immunization Information
You will need to submit proof of your Diphtheria/Tetanus, Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccinations before you can attend classes at SMCC. To learn more, visit our Immunizations webpage.