Your Future is Calling
Do you think SMCC is right for you? If so, it’s time to apply. SMCC has rolling admissions so you can apply anytime before the start of the semester you’re planning to attend. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as courses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
On this page:
Steps to Apply
- Check out our academic programs webpage to get an overview of our degree and certificate programs.
- Submit the following materials to the SMCC Admissions Office.
2 Fort Road
South Portland, ME 04106
- Application – Complete an online application or download the SMCC Application for Admission
- $20 nonrefundable application fee (waived for June). If completing an online application, this can be paid online or you can submit payment to the SMCC Billing Office in person or by phone at 207-741-5530 or to the Admissions Office by mail.
- A copy of your high school transcript, diploma, HiSET or GED.
- A copy of your qualifying test scores (SAT, ACT and/or ACCUPLACER). For more information, visit our Placement Testing webpage.
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- International applicants view our International Students webpage.
- Health science program applicants view our Health Science Applicants webpage.
- Out-of-state applicants view our Tuition Breaks & Programs webpage.
- Transfer applicants view our Transferring to SMCC webpage.
Finding Out If You’ve Been Accepted
Keep your eye out for an acceptance letter in the mail. With this you’ll receive our Guide for Accepted Students, which will walk you through any steps you need to take before attending. You can also download SMCC’s Guide for Accepted students.
Apply for Financial Aid
We highly recommend that you apply for financial aid after submitting your application. To learn how, visit our Financial Aid Webpage.