SMCC will offer most of its courses online during the Spring Semester, with a limited number of in-person classes for academic programs that require hands-on learning. Advising, Financial Aid, Student Billing and the Learning Commons will support students online and by email, phone and/or teleconferencing.
SMCC released an overview of its Spring Semester plan last month in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The start of the semester begins Jan. 19 as scheduled, but hands-on classes for the most part won’t be offered in-person until Feb. 1. The bookstore will be closed through Feb. 8, but purchases can be made online.
Student support offices are offering their services in a variety of ways.
Need to meet with a staff advisor to go over classes, set career and education goals, or get an answer to any question you might have? Contact us at:
- Email: advising@smccME.edu
- Phone: 207-741-5835
- Fax: 207-741-5760
- Online: Book an appointment (by phone, Zoom or email) by going to My Maine Guide>My Degree on the student portal and clicking on “Meet the Advising Office.”
- Drop-in advising sessions on Zoom: The Advising Office will hold drop-in advising sessions on Zoom the first week of the semester. For days, times and Zoom links, visit My Maine Guide on the student portal.
For questions about financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office at:
- Email: finaid@smccME.edu
- Phone: 207-741-5518
- Fax: 207-741-5671
- Online: Visit My Maine Guide>My Money on the student portal for answers on how to check your financial aid status, sign up for iGrad, file your FAFSA and other frequently asked questions.
- Other: To send documents electronically, go to My Maine Guide>My Money and use the “Upload Financial Aid Documents” link.
For billing questions, contact the Student Billing Office at:
- Email: bursar@smccME.edu
- Phone: 207-741-5530
- Online: Visit My Maine Guide>My Money on the student portal for answers on how to pay your bill online, enroll in a payment plan, check your book allowance and other frequently asked questions.
- Other: In the event that a student requires service in person, an appointment can be made by calling 207-741-5530 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The SMCC store is closed through Feb. 8, and all orders must be placed through the website. For questions about the SMCC store and textbooks, contact the store at:
- Email: books@smccME.edu
- Phone: 207-741-5523
- Online: Visit My Maine Guide>My Courses on the MySMCC student portal for answers to frequently asked questions. To order textbooks, supplies and college merchandise, visit the SMCC store’s website at https://www.bkstr.com/smccmestore/home.
- In person: The store will be closed to in-store traffic through Feb. 8, and all orders should be placed through the website.Pickup orders can be collected at the back service entrance of the store; instructions will come in your confirmation email.
The Learning Commons is closed to in-person visits, but it’ll still offer an array of online resources and remote tutoring and reference services. For questions about online offerings, contact the Learning Commons at:
- Library — Phone: 207-741-5521; Email: library@smccME.edu
- Tutoring Services — Phone: 207-741-5535; Email: tutoring@smccME.edu
- Online: Visit https://smccme.libguides.com/learningcommons for an overview of and links to online services and resources.
- Other: The library will offer books (but not textbooks) through online requests. If a book is in the SMCC library, a student can make arrangements to pick it up at the library by appointment or curbside, at some other location or by mail. To order books, go to https://smccme.libguides.com/library/home, click on the Books & eBooks tab and look for the Minerva search box. To order books, enter the barcode number from the back of your ID card (which is #26470) plus your student ID number. You can also simply go to minerva.maine.edu.