The SMCC Student App has an abundance of useful tools, necessary information regarding the campus, events, ways for students to collaborate/communicate, and much more!
The SMCC Landing Page (right) shows a handful of features such as:
- Health Screening/Self Reporting relating to the COVID-19 outbreak to alert the college of testing and to help monitor contact tracing.
- Upcoming events available to students (including virtual watch parties, trivia, club meetings, etc.).
- COVID-related resources, bookstore information, student services – the list goes on as you continue to scroll!
One of the most used functions is the Student Feed (left).
Similar to most social media platforms, you can post here for fellow students on the Student App to answer questions, provide advice, create study groups.
You can comment, ‘like’ posts and comments, and even report as needed. Plus the Student Feed allows school representatives to share useful tools, workshops, and more to assist students along the way.
The SMCC App also has a messaging function and several channels for students to post to (right):
- Student Feed
- Buy & Sell (Mainly for textbooks, though students have also sold dorm room essentials, school supplies, and more)
- Lost & Found
- Housing (Need help finding a roommate or finding a room for rent? Look or post here!)
- Ride Sharing
Personalized Profile tools (left):
- Health & Wellness – Review your previous Daily Health Screenings, your campus pass, contact tracing locations, and local COVID testing centers
- My Friends – Where you can view friend profiles and send them a message
- My Posts – View your post history
- My Calendar – Where ‘dates to know’ are listed such as commencement and typical exam weeks, plus you can add any reminders/events of your own to personalize
- My Courses – At the start of each semester, your courses will automatically populate here, and you can even add assignment reminders
- My Groups – If you associate with or want to join any clubs, you will find an extensive list here including contact information and even member names that have also joined the group via app
- My Upcoming Events – You can browse here for upcoming events (even virtual), accessing Zoom links, physical locations, and details, and even add them to your app calendar
- My Activities – Lists any previous events you attended and checked in at through the app (QR code)
- MySMCC – Allows you to ‘refresh’ the app with any current changes/information according to your MySMCC account. (For example: Name Changes)
In conclusion, if you want to stay up to date with class cancellation lists and bus schedules, utilize an interactive campus map, message other students, and find answers to your questions at the touch of a button – download the SMCC Student App today!