Certificate in Marine Design
On this page:
About This Program
The Architectural & Engineering Design program prepares students for technician-level work assisting architects, engineers and contractors who work in diverse manufacturing industries. Offering a variety of design disciplines, the program provides students with individual choices of specialization including architectural, mechanical and marine interests.
The Architectural & Engineering Design program provides a wide selection of courses, both specific and broad in scope, reinforced by established degree-level courses in general education and related technologies. The program is accessible to full- and part-time students. Some sequential scheduling of courses, however, is necessary to provide program continuity. All candidates are encouraged to contact the advisors in the Architectural & Engineering Design department regarding course and program selection.
Your Certificate Courses
Architectural Engineering & Design offers a certificate in Marine Design requiring a mix of general education and hands-on courses. The following courses are a sampling of what you might take as a student in these programs and are subject to change.
- CAD Graphics/Applications/Management
- Introduction to Marine Design
- Marine Design II
- Marine Parametric Modeling
- English Composition
- Oral Communications
- College Algebra & Trigonometry
Current Major-Specific Courses Available
Interested in seeing some of the current major-specific courses currently being offered as a part of this degree program?
If you are a current student your program requirements may be different than those listed for the current catalog year. To view your specific program requirements or to search and register for courses, log in to MySMCC and visiting MyDegree.
- Understand and apply proper technical graphic standards.
- Acquire and demonstrate knowledge within several design disciplines.
- Identify and solve design problems by working with recognized methods and material limits.
- Understand and use Computer Aided Design software to generate accurate designs in two- and three-dimensional formats.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines, manage time for multiple tasks and make revisions.
- Acquire the skills to organize and present designs, drawings and concepts clearly to groups.
Estimated Certificate Completion Time