Building Your Community & Connections and Offering You Support to Succeed
P2G is designed to help first-year college students connect with their college peers, set their education and career goals, and build the plans to achieve them. The program brings students together in supportive learning communities and connects them with dedicated Success Coaches who support each student and guide them to success in their first year of college.
What does P2G offer you?
- Save money by taking the college’s required student-success course for FREE
- Save time with a dedicated advisor who will help you with everything from choosing your classes to setting your college and career goals
- Priority scholarship consideration
- Connect to fellow students to collaborate, study and take classes together
- Learn more with extra advising and special workshop opportunities
- Succeed! As a P2G student, you will be more than three times as likely to succeed and graduate on time!
What does P2G ask of you?
The P2G program asks you to invest in your own success and to take your future seriously.
Participants will be asked to:
- Meet with their coach and be responsive to them
- Actively participate and successfully complete their P2G success course
- Contribute to a positive and supportive environment and network for fellow students
- Work to graduate on time and attend full-time, as possible
What do you need to do to be a part of P2G?
- Apply and be accepted to SMCC for the Fall of 2019. Visit our Apply webpage, to apply now.
- Download, complete and submit the P2G inquiry form or contact the Advising Office to learn more.
Southern Maine Community College
2 Fort Road,
South Portland, ME 04106
- Work with the Advising Office to schedule a Start Smart Advising Meeting
- At your meeting, you will register for a FREE P2G Freshman Interest Group success course, led by a faculty member and your Success Coach