Certificate in Composite Science & Manufacturing
On this page:
About This Program
The Composite Science and Manufacturing program provides education and real world experiences in a state of the art lab that prepares students for entry into the composites manufacturing industry.
Students who earn the Composites certificate begin by taking the technical courses required for a job in the field. The program is designed to provide students the theoretical knowledge and practical skills that are essential for today’s composite manufacturing industries. Courses included in this program provide introductory experience to composite materials and processes for manufacturing. Students are exposed to materials testing, machine tool design, power conversion and control. Technology courses include practical laboratory experiences that enable students to work with industrial materials, tools, and equipment in product development.
The Composite Science & Manufacturing Certificate is a new program as of Fall 2018. Due to this there is no gainful employment data available yet. Please check back in the next year to view gainful employment data.
Your Degree Courses
Composite Science & Manufacturing offers a Certificate requiring a mix of general education and hands-on courses. The following courses are a sampling of what you might take as a student in this program and are subject to change.
Program Course Sampling
- Technical Math
- Introduction to Composites
- Closed Mold Manufacturing and Mold Making
- Composite Repair
Current Major Specific Courses Available
Interested in seeing some of the current major-specific courses being offered as a part of this degree program?
If you are a current student, your program requirements may be different than those listed for the current catalog year. To view your specific program requirements or to search and register for courses, log in to MySMCC and visit the MyDegree webpage.
- Use common composite processes and techniques in development, manufacture, and repair of composite materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the properties of materials and material selection.
- Apply quality systems to composite manufacturing and product testing.
- Identify and explain underlying scientific principles relevant to the advancement of the composite industry and their respective processes.
Estimated Degree Completion Time